Do you want to have a dazzling and confident smile? Then veneers can be a wonderful solution for you! Porcelain veneers are sometimes known as ‘dental veneers’ or ‘dental porcelain laminates.’ They are simply wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored components that bond flawlessly and improve your appearance. Veneers are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to disguise any damage and provide an instant smile alteration. They also aid in changing the length, shape, color, or size of your teeth. It also looks just like your natural dental enamel.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made parts used to cover or treat dental issues such as:
- Stains and discoloration
- Chips and little missing pieces
- Gaps between teeth
Dental veneers are used to improve the appearance of a person’s teeth. They may be effective for people looking for a long-term solution to persistent cosmetic difficulties, especially if earlier dental treatments such as teeth whitening, braces, or retainers have not worked. Learn how to restore your beautiful smile with dental veneers.
Types of Veneers
Porcelain and resin-based composite veneers are the two types of veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are a strong, thin cap that a dentist can place on the tops and sides of teeth. Before connecting the teeth, the dentist will remove a portion of the enamel. Porcelain veneers are the same color as natural teeth but can be whitened to improve the smile.
- Resin-based composite veneers resemble porcelain veneers in appearance and function, but they are less expensive and require less enamel removal. In other circumstances, a dentist may not need to remove any enamel before putting the composite veneer. If a composite veneer becomes chipped or damaged, it must be replaced.
The Benefits of Veneers
You may be a candidate for dental veneers if you need to repair minor cosmetic damage to teeth that show when you smile or speak. For example, if you have chipped teeth, your dentist may offer dental veneers. Learn all you need to know before having dental veneers.
- Veneers, unlike real teeth, do not fade or get yellow over time. Teeth whitening can improve your smile, but it must be done every few years. Your teeth naturally get yellow and discolored as a result of the meals and drinks you consume. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, will remain as beautiful and white as the day you received them.
- Almost any shade, shape, or contour can be matched. We can produce porcelain veneers for you regardless of the size or form of your teeth because each veneer is custom-made for each patient. What’s more, your dental routine will remain unchanged. Brushing and flossing your teeth can be done as usual.
- Veneers allow you to skip orthodontic treatment (braces). Because dental veneers cover the front half of your teeth, they can conceal chipping, stains, and other flaws. We also remove a little portion of your tooth enamel, allowing you to conceal misaligned teeth that might otherwise require orthodontic treatment.
- You can have a gorgeous smile in just two appointment visits! If you tried to achieve the same smile differently, it would take 18-24 months of wearing braces as well as teeth-whitening treatments.
- Veneers can instantly improve your appearance. According to numerous studies, your smile is one of the first facial features that others notice. More studies demonstrate that having a more attractive, straight smile might help you advance professionally and perhaps land you a job above the competition. Those with a straight, more beautiful smile are thought to be more successful, joyful, healthy, and trustworthy.
We hope you found this blog useful in understanding more about veneers. If you’re seeking the best cosmetic dentistry service in Berwyn, IL, contact our dentists at Berwyn Dental Connection.