As the title suggests, in this blog we will focus on letting you know about types of dental crowns and the cost of getting them. But, before doing so, it is essential to know what dental crowns actually are. They can be defined to be caps which can be fitted on your teeth to serve various purposes. If you go to see a dentist, he/she might prescribe you to get a dental crown which suits your requirements. The crowns generally vary from each other on the basis of three major factors. We have listed these factors below for your help.
The need of every patient varies from one person to another. You may not know which option to go for. This is where the role of a professional becomes pivotal. Consulting your dentist will give you a clear idea of what will fulfill your needs. Some of the reasons for getting dental crowns are:
- In order to cover a tooth implant
- In case you need to fix a chipped or damaged tooth
- If you are suffering from cavities or tooth decay
- If you want to align your bite
- If you have had a root canal
- If you wish to have a better looking smile
Different types of Dental Crowns
The various types of dental crowns are being provided in the section below:
- Metal – This is one of the most common types of material which is used to make dental crowns. Gold, palladium, chromium and nickel are the different metals used to make crowns. The benefits of this type of crowns are – high resistance, durability, and requires less portion of your teeth to be removed to get them fitted, perfect for posterior restoration. Every material comes with pros and cons. The disadvantages are bad aesthetics and not looking like natural teeth.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal – Another type of dental crowns which are widely used are the ones made of porcelain fused to metal. This has a more natural look if compared with the crowns made of metal. The advantages of going for this option are – better aesthetics, durable, relatively cheap etc.
- All-porcelain – This is the most natural looking type of dental crowns which is used in modern dentistry. These crowns are entirely made of porcelain. The advantages of getting all-porcelain crowns are – considered best for frontier teeth restorations, biocompatible which means that they are not toxic in nature, looks good. Whereas the demerits are – expensive and weak if compared with the other options.
- All resin – This is one of the cheapest types of dental crowns which can be selected by you. The all-resin crowns are less durable than the other options.
After reading about everything you need to know about dental crowns, let us now talk about the cost of dental crowns.
- Meta crowns – $600 to $2500
- All porcelain crowns – $800 to $3000
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal – $500 to $1500
- All-resin crowns – $300 (approx)
In case you are looking for dental crowns and bridges Stanley Ave, Berwyn, IL, contact Berwyn Dental Solutions. We offer several dental services to fulfill all your needs.