What Is A Composite Filling?
Most individuals like to have bright, white teeth when it comes to a beautiful smile. It’s no different when a cavity appears and needs a filling. While silver fillings have been used in dentistry for over a hundred years, the invention of composite fillings allows doctors to cure cavities while maintaining the tooth’s natural look. Nowadays, the use of dental fillings like composite fillings has become very popular all over the world.
Composite fillings are plastic formulations that are clinically exploited to rebuild or repair sections of deformed or impacted teeth in many methods. They are most commonly used to treat dental cavities and tooth decay. This treatment is frequently performed on youngsters who consume large quantities of sweets.
Ideal Candidates For This Treatment Option
Several solutions may be a suitable fit for your dental needs, which vary depending on several factors. However, when it comes to dental health, the dental solutions prescribed by dentists can vary from person to person. The criteria that can make you an ideal candidate are:
- If you have a small to a greater region of tooth decay that has to be filled.
- If you have other symptoms of tooth decay like toothache and tooth sensitivity.
- The presence of white or brown spots on your teeth.
- If you have damaged, chipped, or cracked teeth.
Reasons For Choosing Composite Filling
Many patients are discovering these tooth-colored dental fillings are the perfect option for mending cavities or making small aesthetic enhancements to their teeth. These days, most patients are frequently requesting that their amalgam fillings be replaced with this composite resin replacement. There are also other more valid reasons for choosing composite dental fillings:
- Less Invasive Option: Since the tooth-colored composite material adheres directly to your tooth structure, only the damaged enamel needs to be removed before the filling can be placed. It is a less invasive treatment option compared to silver dental fillings.
- No Harmful Metals Inside Your Mouth: The majority of individuals are concerned about metal in their dental fillings as they do not want to suffer from mercury poisoning. Dental fillings like amalgam fillings contain 50% mercury, which makes composite fillings a safer choice for most patients.
- Promotes Healthy Tooth Structure: Unlike amalgam fillings, composite resins are extremely versatile and adhere directly to the surface of your tooth. This would help you retain your tooth structure because this procedure requires less drilling.
- This Kind of Dental Filling Easily Blends In: Composite fillings will give you the appearance of a natural, healthy tooth. The materials used in this type of filling easily blend in with natural teeth and are virtually invisible. It also plays a huge role in restoring and repairing your teeth.
Finally, we hope that our blog has helped you to understand the reasons for choosing composite fillings. If you need the best restorative dental services in Berwyn, IL, then please visit us at Berwyn Dental Connection. Our team of dentists provides a comprehensive range of dental care for all your dental issues.