Tooth getting knocked out is one of the most common dental problems faced by people all across the world. It can happen to people belonging to any age groups. But, you need to know that a knocked-out tooth can be re-planted successfully with the help of proper emergency actions.
As you might have figured out from the title, in this blog we are going to discuss the steps to be executed in case a tooth gets knocked out. So, do not hesitate to go through the sections below in order to draw an end to all questions related to this topic.
Tips to save a Knocked-out tooth
Gathering knowledge about what to do if a tooth falls out can save you from the trouble of teeth loss.
- Always pick the tooth by the crown – You need to locate the tooth immediately and do not leave it on the floor. You must keep your calm and try to think with a straight mind. Make sure to not touch the root portion of the tooth while picking it up. Hold the crown or the chewing surface.
- Rinse the tooth with water if it is dirty – The tooth should be rinsed with plain water if it is dirty. You should never use chemicals or soap for rinsing purposes. Also, do not scrub or dry the tooth or wrap it with a tissue.
- Reinsert the tooth in the socket – Try to reinsert the tooth back into the socket as early as you can. Hold the crown and gently push the tooth or put it above the socket and close your mouth. You to use your fingers to keep the tooth in position and bite down gently.
- The tooth should remain moist – It is necessary for the tooth to remain wet or moist all the time. This is applicable for all situations – if the tooth is inside your mouth or outside. There are times when people cannot re-insert the tooth back into the socket. You should then put the tooth in a cup and fill it with milk.
- Contact a dentist as early as possible – The next step is to consult your emergency. It is advisable to reach a dental clinic within 30 minutes of the incident. Though, experts say that a tooth can be saved even if it has been outside the mouth for 60 minutes. Looking for an emergency dentist is not a tough nut to crack anymore. You can search for the “best emergency dentists nearby” on the internet and get a list of options to choose from.
Going through this blog must have been helpful in letting you know about what to do with a knocked-out tooth. Berwyn Dental Connection will definitely try to come up with blog posts covering such topics in the future days.
You can also get in touch with Berwyn Dental Connection for the best dental treatments in Berwyn, IL. Our team of trained professionals and dentists are here to serve you with top-quality dental care. Book your appointment today to know more.