It is important to practice good oral hygiene habits that will promote strong, healthy teeth, but in many cases, patients are more concerned about how their teeth look. After all, the appearance of the teeth contributes to the overall aesthetics of the smile and face. However, many patients are not naturally blessed with straight, white, evenly spaced teeth. That is why cosmetic dentistry treatments to address superficial cosmetic flaws are so popular.
One of the most affordable and least invasive of these cosmetic dentistry treatments is dental bonding. Fortunately, cosmetic dental bonding is also extremely versatile, making it a great treatment option for just about any patient who is looking to enhance his or her smile. Cosmetic dental bonding is Berwyn, IL can conceal dental blemishes and improve the appearance of the smile.
Can Cosmetic Dental Bonding Solve Your Concern?
Cosmetic dental bonding is a treatment that has multiple applications. With this procedure, you can address a number of common dental flaws that detract from the natural beauty of the smile. Some of the imperfections that can be addressed through dental bonding treatment include:
- Stained or Discolored Teeth
- Cracked, Chipped or Fractured Teeth
- Teeth that is differently shaped or poorly sized – for instance a tooth that is shorter than other
- Gaps between teeth
- Gum recession, or gaps between the teeth and gums
The dental bonding treatment is completely non-invasive. This means that dental bonding in Berwyn IL; does not require any permanent alteration to the teeth, and may not require the use of a local anesthetic. Because of this, just about any patient should be able to safely and comfortably undergo the cosmetic dental bonding procedure. However, it is important to note that dental bonding is simply a cosmetic treatment. If there are other oral health problems (such as decay or erosion) that are causing the aesthetic blemishes, it is important to treat these conditions before proceeding with dental bonding treatment. In order to improve the beauty of the smile without further compromising the health of the teeth, any necessary restorative dental work must be completed prior to cosmetic dental bonding.
How to Maintain Your Teeth After Bonding?
Dental bonding offers effective results that may last anywhere from three to ten years. The lifespan of this cosmetic treatment will depend on the aftercare that is provided, so it is important for dental bonding candidates to understand how to care for the teeth following treatment.
- Practice good oral hygiene– Remember to stick to a good dental care routine every day along with dental exams and cleanings every six months
- Avoid excessive pressure on teeth– Habits such as nail biting, grinding teeth or using teeth to open packages can put immense pressure on your teeth. Avoid these activities to preserve the strength of your dental bonding.
- Use mouth guards –If you grind your teeth or if you are involved in contact sports, wear a mouth guard to protect your bonding and other teeth too.
With care and precaution, patients can ensure that they have a beautiful smile for many years to come. As you can get dental bonding at a young age, you may need to get it replaced after few years.
If you are also looking to fix minor dental issues with dental bonding in Berwyn IL; schedule a consultation with our dentist at Berwyn Dental Connection. We are here to enhance your smile and help you keep it strong and healthy.